Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Bigger is Better?

Sunday Bikes has this new project they're working on, the 24" Model-C...




Kinda funny how we're all supposed to be riding BMX bikes, while all the BMX companies seem to be building FGs and Cruisers, i.e. bikes you can actually ride.

Maybe Sunday should have taken it a step farther and built something like this rig that Orson Olmstead put together (thanks for the pic, Orson)...



For me personally, it's not what the bike looks like, it's the fixed gear thing that I'm fascinated by/in love with/addicted to. To be honest, the first time I became interested in riding fixed was when I saw flatlander Trevor Meyer break out an FG at some comp (I think it was the X-Games) in 2001...



In other words, it's not the size that matters, it's how you use it!

Edit: Here's a great example of the new style of fixed rigs that I'm guessing will soon start popping up everywhere... the Fixedgearlondon x Vans collab frame...



Holy crap that's nice.

No comments: