Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Nicky Hayden is Specialized

Before blazing around the Indianapolis Motor Speedway on his Honda during last weekend's MotoGP race, local sensation Nicky Hayden toured the circuit under his own power...



The former world champ has had a tough year, but he did great at this event, landing in 2nd place. I was at the track all three days, and I have to say that the weather on Sunday was something that I never want to endure again. The remnants of hurricane Ike brought blasting rain and wind gusts up to 60 mph, and I was stupid enough to actually ride my bike to and from the circuit (finding car parking is a bitch and can be ridiculously expensive). I was soaked through from the ride, and at one point the wind was blowing so hard that I had all of my body weight hanging off the left side of the bike just so I could stay upright!

Other than that crap, the weekend was amazing. MotoGP is seriously intense.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello Burd.
I did not know that you liked MotoGP!

My elder brother tests RC212V(#69!) every year.
(he is motorcycle journalist in Japan)
He said.
"It is a genuine monster!"

He said continuously.
"compared with RC212V...
YZF-R1.ZX10R.CBR1000RR&1098R an more Supersports bike is
Usual easy motorcycle...!"

next MotoGP race in japan MOTEGI.
I also ran MOTEGI many times.
It is very the enjoyment.

I love all two-wheeled vehicles!


KAI

Burd said...

Kai, I can't even tell you how jealous I am of your brother! That's amazing that he actually got to ride that beast!

My dad was an amateur road racer for about the first 10 years of my life, so I spent more weekends than I can count traveling around to different tracks and watching motorcycle racing. Last weekend was my first MotoGP event, and I was completely blown away by seeing those machines in person.

I'll definitely be watching the race at Motegi... ;)