Friday, September 26, 2008

New Old Bike

Finally got my new beater built up...



The Milwaukee is obviously my main rig, but if there's one thing I've learned, it's that you always need a backup. The frame is a 62cm 1972 Raleigh Professional that I got from a friend (thanks Sean!) and it's the perfect candidate for a conversion due to the fact that it was built with absolutely no cable guides on it whatsoever. Clean. It also has the "bird's mouth" lugs on the head tube and the infamous "fastback" configuration around the seat cluster.

I've been hammering it for a few days now, and it's dialed as hell. Doesn't make a sound when you bounce it on the ground other than that beautiful "pap" of the tires hitting the pavement. And of course the most important component is the Profile hub in the back...



...which replaces the crap hub that blew up on my previous beater.

No comments: