Monday, June 9, 2008

Rusty Redenbacher Spits the Truth

Russell Johnson (aka Russ Fabulous, aka Choc Soreel, aka Rusty Redenbacher) is the lead MC for my all time favorite hip-hop group, the Mudkids. I've been on these guys for over 10 years now and they still get me going. I'm probably not the best judge of who is or isn't a genius, but if anybody I know is one, it's Russ. Listen closely to the lyrics for "Another Journey," the song that's used during the SF/Seattle part in Bootleg Sessions v.2, and you'll understand what I'm talking about.

Anyway, Russ has recently started a blog, and it is a really good read. I'm not going to lie, I'm a big blog guy, I have about 30 that I check every day, and this one is quickly rising to the top of my list. It's like a crazy stream of consciousness with lots of killer music and media mixed in, and it's really well written to boot. Check it out here...

Prehensile Tales

And while your eyes are working on that, let your ears work on this... a serious new groove from the Mudkids upcoming record...

Summer

No comments: