Thursday, May 22, 2008

Bigga is Betta!

I worked a checkpoint at the "Bigga is Betta" alley cat race in Indy this weekend. Just getting to the first checkpoint carrying all the crap I had was pretty brutal due to the 400 mph winds, so I can't imagine how tough it was for the guys who raced in this thing.

Here is a great vid done by Dave Jennings (who did some filming for BSv.2) where you can see me in a green hat working the first checkpoint while sitting on the ground because my @#$%ing back had seized up. You can also see Shawn Wolf's view of the race via Dave's nifty helmet cam...



At my checkpoint, the riders could either take a small wine cork worth 10 points or a huge piece of pipe worth 20 points. Almost everyone took the cork. Shawn Wolf took the pipe. He is one of the very few people in Indy who actually works as a bike messenger, so I guess he figured he had to man up...







No comments: